same day delivery
*ORDER BY 12 PM MON-SAT
Order online for deliveries tomorrow
Mon-Sat: 9AM – 5PM, Sat: 9AM – 3PM
St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana Flower Delivery
La Tulipe flowers
When Quality Matters to You
La Tulipe flowers proudly serves St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana and all surrounding areas. We offer flower arrangements, bouquets, balloons and gifts, backed by service that is friendly and prompt. Our local florists deliver to St. Mary of the Woods, IN - Monday thru Saturday. Need a last-minute arrangement? We offer same-day flower deliveries on most flower bouquets. Just place your order before 12:00 PM, Monday – Saturday (in the recipient’s time zone) and a local florist will deliver the arrangement the same day. We love what we do at La Tulipe flowers and it shows!
St. Mary of the Woods, IN Florist – La Tulipe flowers
La Tulipe flowers – St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana local florist.
Our beautiful flower designs are hand-arranged and hand-delivered by a local florist in every city. We make it easy to send beautiful flowers online to St. Mary of the Woods from your desktop, tablet, or phone. We hand deliver same day flowers to all areas of St. Mary of the Woods and surrounding areas. We are committed to offering only the finest flower arrangements and gifts, backed by service that is friendly and prompt. All of our flowers are fresh and available for deliveries to St. Mary of the Woods.
St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana – Same-Day Flower Deliveries
We offer same day flower deliveries to St. Mary of the Woods, IN by the best local florists. We deliver to homes, businesses and hospitals in St. Mary of the Woods. Make someone happy today with a custom designed flower arrangement.
Nearby Cities we deliver to:
St. Mary of the Woods Zip Codes we deliver to:
St. Mary of the Woods: latitude 39.512 – longitude -87.4628
Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, often called St. Mary’s, is an unincorporated community in Sugar Creek Township in northwestern Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area. A large portion of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods along U.S. Route 150 is taken up by the grounds of the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, which contain the motherhouse of the Sisters of Providence as well as Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. Although Saint Mary-of-the-Woods is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 47876. It had a population of 797 at the 2010 census.
The earliest land records in Saint Mary-of-the-Woods date back to 1825, when George and Polly Smith acquired a land patent signed by Andrew Jackson. It is likely that this was a land grant for military service, as George Smith served as an aide and dispatch bearer to George Washington during the American Revolution. In the following years several other settlers acquired acreage from the United States government. From the Smiths, a Joseph Thralls and his family acquired a significant parcel of land in 1835.
Records from 1838 show a purchase of land transferring from Joseph and Sarah Thralls to Bishop Simon Bruté of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Vincennes for a sum of fifteen dollars. Bruté was concerned with establishing a Catholic mission for the surrounding Terre Haute area and built a small frame church, the first in Vigo County.
In 1840, Saint Mother Theodore Guerin arrived in Saint Mary-of-the-Woods with several companions and found a dense forest with few buildings. There she established the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, a Roman Catholic congregation of women. Originally, the Thralls family provided housing for the sisters.
As the Sisters of Providence grew in number, the town of St. Mary’s also expanded. In April 1850, twenty men from the village had left for California in search of gold. Despite this, by 1851, Sister of Providence Sister Saint Francis Xavier wrote, “Now we have quite a little country town… We have in the village a post office, two little inns, three or four stores, wheelwrights, coopers, carpenters, blacksmiths, shoemakers, cabinet makers, etc.”
A post office was established under the name St. Mary’s in 1846. It was renamed to Saint Mary Of The Woods in 1912, and is still currently in operation.